Monday, March 25, 2013

It's that time of year again where bread is history for a week. Us Jews may not necessarily be thrilled with giving up the delicious carbs, but there are creative alternatives we can come up with. Yesterday we traveled to New Jersey to celebrate Passover. I was in charge of the brisket. Here is my recipe:


lipton soup mix
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoonsmcCormicks Steak grill seasoning
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 cup ketchup
brisket
The problem with my cooking is that I throw everythig together and I don't really measure.
I mix the soup mix, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt and garlic and herb seasoning together and place it in a plate, and then cover it onto the brisket. I place the brisket in the crockpot. I cut up some vegetables (onions, mushrooms, carrots, celery) and throw them in there as well. I then pour some ketchup on top, (around half cup) and some water. I set it for low for 8 hours.
If you don't have a crockpot, 
set the oven to 350 and cook the brisket for an hour, covered. Take the tin foil off and add the vegetables. Cook for two and a half more hours. When it is finished, let it cool for an hour before you slice it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment