Friday, June 7, 2013

Being cooped up inside a house on a dreary day has its perks. I got some work done and I baked brownies. However, I still have to clean my room and do some laundry.. meh.
I am really excited about these brownies.. they are fudgy and jam-packed with nutrition. When I saw the recipe from Whipped last night, I knew I wanted to try it with my own spin. You could make these vegan and gluten free, just swap in some rice flour for the oat.
 
 
Banana chocolate fudgy brownies:
1/3 cup brewed coffee
1 tablespoon butter (Earth-balance if vegan)
1 ounce of Hershey's chocolate (I used 3 fun-sized candy bars, broken up into tiny pieces)
2/3 cups coconut sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 very ripe banana
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/3 cup water
1/3 teaspoon banana extract
1 cup oat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup chocolate chips-I used butterscotch
 
 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together coffee, butter and Hershey's chocolate and microwave for 35-40 seconds. Stir when remove from microwave oven.
3. Mash banana and mix with water and banana extract. Add almond milk.
4. In another bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
5. In a different bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Mix in the chips.
6. Combine all the mixtures (both wet and dry)
7. Pour batter into sprayed baking sheet.
8. Cook for 30 minutes. Let rest before cutting into.
Adapted from Whipped.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment