Thursday, July 25, 2013

Everything about BBQ's win me over. I love the atmosphere, fun activities are always a plus, lounging around shooting the breeze and of course the food. Whenever I think of BBQ's, potato salad pops into my head. I am a huge fan of this starchy side, I could probably inhale a pound of it in one sitting. Unfortunately, this isn't the most figure-friendly part of the meal, but it is just so hard to resist! Since I enjoy it so much, I decided to create my own version and let me tell you.. it is full of flavor and absolutely fantastic. I wasn't really sure which direction I was heading when I started making the side, but I knew I wanted it creamy (obviously). I stuck with the basic mayonnaise but added in some sour cream, onion and dill to give it just the pizzazz it needed. Plus I added some bacon and cheese which you could never go wrong with.
 
Sour cream and onion potato salad

 
4 potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups chicken stock-low sodium
2 strips bacon cooked and chopped
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
1 tablespoon grated onion (grate over the mayo and sour cream)
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
 
2. Place potatoes in a pot and pour stock to cover potatoes. Boil and simmer for around ten minutes.
3.Combine mayo, sour cream, dill and onion in a bowl.
4. When potatoes are finished, throw in freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Chop up bacon and reserve.
6. When potatoes are out of the freezer, combine the dressing. Only mix in around 1/4-1/2 cup, depending how creamy you want it. There will be extra so save it for later use of you could put it out with some chips.
7. Mix in bacon
8. Sprinkle cheese on top.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment