Monday, June 11, 2012

    There is nothing like spending the day in the city, especially when you don’t  have anything planned out. My mom and I ventured into the Big Apple yesterday and we were aimlessly walking around. When we noticed there was a street fair, we hopped off the bus and started walking. Vendors lined the streets, selling various items. Of course, I had my eye set on the food.
    I didn’t want to eat too much, since I was having dinner in a couple hours I did notice though they were selling falafel. When I mentioned to the lady I didn’t want too much to eat, she pointed to the kabobs. Now I have seen kabobs of course, but never falafel. I was excited to try them and she started stringing them on the skewer. It was like an art project. A falafel ball, peperoncini, another falafel ball, pickle, falafel ball, tomato, and for the grand finale, another falafel ball.
    When I took my first bite, there was an abundance of flavor. Although on the cold side, the falafel had a good amount of spices, with a crunchy exterior and an smooth inside. Dipping it in the creamy Tzatziki sauce was a plus. I can’t think of a better way to enjoy a snack in the greatest city in the world. (well I think it is at least)

No comments:

Post a Comment