Friday, January 18, 2013

I am NEVER full.. and when I am, it merely lasts a couple hours. Today was no different than any other day. I ate half a wrap for lunch, and I seemed to be set. Grilled chicken is not my favorite, rather dry and unappealing, but definitely a lot healthier. That combined with fresh mozzarella is a great combination, however today it was not.

The cheese was on the cold side, lacked flavor and texture. When I say texture, fresh mozzarella should practically melt in your mouth. I did not want to chomp on big pieces. Also, I prefer shredded lettuce, mainly for the texture. By itself, it is blech, boring and tasteless. But.. It adds the crunch factor every good wrap needs.

The wrap also contained tomato and honey mustard. Again, the honey mustard seemed to lack taste. Usually I look for one that is sweet, and does not have an overpowering mustard flavor.

Anyway, after finishing, I went about my day. I had a sudden craving for edamame, and shot over to the grocery store. Might I add that it was $1.50 off.

After finishing the ENTIRE bag, I was still not satisfied. I reheated spinach and artichoke dip I made the other night and happily ate it.

Bursts of gorgonzola hit my palate, meshed with the leafy green spinach and acidic artichokes, and of course, can‘t forget the garlic flavor.. The creaminess of the dish brings it all together, and with the saltiness of pretzels, I finally had my fix. Was I full? Nope. Happy with my choice.. Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment