Monday, January 21, 2013

We all pig out once in a while, it’s the human thing to do. And the other day, I did just that.

I visited one of my good friends from school and got to spend the day with her. We didn’t do much, but one thing that always is on the agenda is eat… a lot. We both love food. We enjoy eating it, talking about it, and eating some more.

So first we heated up some jalapeno poppers and wings. I rarely eat wings.. I can’t even remember the last time I had them. So when I took a bite into that drumstick, time stood still a little. Nah I’m kidding.. It wasn’t that dramatic.

The chicken was moist and flavorful, the breading wasn’t too much and it was really good. The poppers are always a tasty treat. The creaminess of the cream cheese holds down the spice level of the pepper. Because without it.. It would be very very hot.

Anyway, moving onto the more embarrassing part of the night-Dominos. In school back in the day, we would go crazy when it came to their pizza. We would load it up, they would deliver it over, and we would devour it within a couple minutes.

With the Friends DVDs piled up, and the Dominos website in front of us, we went to work. First, we started off with the obvious.. The pizza. We couldn’t decide whether we should get the hearty marinara or the white sauce (presumably alfredo), but we went with the safe choice, marinara.

The toppings went as followed: Pepperoni, salami, jalapeno peppers, pineapple, mushrooms, spinach, extra cheese, and of course, tomatoes. So when Dominos called and listed every single item that we topped off our pizza making us feel like huge fat asses, he finished by saying they were out of salami.. Bummer!

Along with the pizza we ordered cheesy bread and boneless chicken. I swearrr… I rarely eat like this. I do eat an exorbitant amount, but never of this magnitude. So anyway, $40 later we were well on our way to one of the greatest meals of all time.. That may or may not be an exaggeration.

It is a good thing we did not order extra sauce, or the entire pizza would have been a soggy mess. The pineapple was definitely the star of the meal as it added the little bit of sweetness the pizza needed. Once I finished my three slices, I moved onto the cheesy, garlicky, flavorful cheesy bread. The chicken was dry but tender, it was fine. But the golden globe for the night definitely goes to the pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment