Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It is no secret I fully enjoy home cooked meals. Unfortunately with both parents working growing up, I rarely had the chance to experience some of the homemade goodness that others eat regularly. However, my friend's parents are quite the chefs and I have eaten numerous meals at their houses.
My friend's mom makes perhaps the best pizza I have ever tasted. It has a kick from the spicy chicken that of course is topped with gooey mozzarella cheese. I tried to re-create the dish.. and I succeeded!


 
Buffalo wing chicken pizza:
1 package ground chicken
1 teaspoon grill seasoning
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons wing sauce
1/2 ball of fresh mozzarella
thin pizza crust-(Boboli or whichever you prefer)
1. Set a non-stick skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil to medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add the chicken and caramelize for around three minutes. While it is cooking, add the spices (garlic powder, Italian and grill seasoning)
3. Reduce heat to low.
4. Place crust in oven for 5 minutes to crisp up a bit.
5. Break up chicken and mix around in the pan until fully cooked. (around 10 minutes)
6. Add sauce and mix around
7. Place on pizza and top with cheese.
8. Set in oven until cheese starts to bubble (5-7 minutes)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment