Friday, February 15, 2013

Here is something I wrote for Yom Kippur back last year.

Bagels, cream cheese, lox, tuna fish, egg salad, whitefish salad, latkes, amongst other foods filled the table last night as we prepared to feast in.

It seems that every other week I am celebrating some sort of holiday. Last week Rosh Hashanah and this week Yom Kippur. Last week we threw away our sins and this week we fasted and compensated our sins. Not that I don’t mind observing the holidays, but a girl needs to eat.

Normally, bagels are a Jewish persons dream, not so much for me. I prefer a sandwich. Throw some salami on a roll and I am good to go.

For those who don‘t know, Yom Kippur is the Day of Atonement. Basically, you set 25 hours aside to think about your sins from the past year.

Did I mention Jews love food? Because we do, we thrive on eating. And on holidays such as Yom Kippur, it shows. Although I feel I gained five pounds, I wouldn’t want to reflect on my sins any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment