Sunday, February 10, 2013

No matter how many trips to the grocery store I take, I can never seem to find something to eat for dinner. It never fails. My parents emptied out the refrigerator yesterday and it seemed there wasn’t too much left.

Since my dad made eggplant parm last night, and that is one of the few vegetables I don’t eat, I decided to whip something up.

The day before I noticed a bottle of teriyaki sauce in the pantry. That gave me the idea to cook up some vegetables and noodles, and add some sauce towards the end.
Last night, I boiled a head of broccoli (cut up of course), sautéed up some zucchini, mixed together the vegetables and grated in some garlic.

When the noodles finished cooking, I put everything together in a pot and added some shelled edamame. A few shakes of the bottle of teriyaki and my meal was ready to be eaten.

All in all I thought this was a good meal. It wasn’t too heavy, it was flavorful, and with the mounds of vegetables, it was nutritious as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment