Friday, April 26, 2013

I am in no way a baker. In fact, the total amount of items I have baked could be counted on one hand. Desserts are not my thing, just give me a few slices of pizza and I am set. My last trip to Fairway may have changed my mind about this whole baking dilemma.
I noticed coconut sugar sitting on the shelf in the aisle waiting to be sold. When I read the ingredients, that's when the thought came to me-healthy cookies! Obviously the idea is out there and there are one thousand recipes floating around the web, but I wanted to make it 1001-is that so bad?
 
 
 
My banana creme coconut honey cookies
 
2 1/4 cups flower
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups fat free banana creme yogurt
1/2 stick unsalted butter-softened
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil-melted
1 tablespoon honey
2 eggs
 
Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl.
In a larger bowl, combine butter, yogurt, sugar and honey. When mixed together, add coconut oil.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Add both eggs.
Mix until smooth.
Spray baking sheet with cooking spray
Spoon out heaping spoonfuls of batter
Place in 350 degree oven for around 12 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment