Friday, April 20, 2012

School has taken over my life, which inhibits me to blog as often as I would like to. Although I have not been blogging, I have been eating.. and eating some more. Last weekend, I tried chicken croquettes for the first time, and I must say.. I was impressed.
As my friend described them, they are a ball of chicken. And literally, that is what they were.
My roommate's friend was up for the weekend, so we wanted to take him to the best places in town. So naturally, we went to the diner.
The chicken was shredded up, put into a ball, and then fried. They were served with two sides, which had me excited. I decided on ordering mashed potatoes, and turnips. Yes, that is a strange side to order, but my mom makes them back home and they are delicious.
The gravy that was served over the food was delicious. It was thick, and it had a buttery taste to them. The turnips tasted like they were cooked in butter  as well. I like turnips because they remind me of potatoes, but they are lighter and they kind of have the consistency of zucchini.
Anyway, I was impressed with the meal.. and the whole thing came out to less than $5.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment