Thursday, April 26, 2012

                Throughout the course of college, you develop relationships with those around you. Even classmates share a special bond. My public affairs class has been together for a year now. Since we are in the same major, we see a lot of each other, and we have become relatively close. I have had my professor for four classes now. We consider her our journalism mom.
                She wanted to take the class out to dinner, since we will soon be leaving each other and heading out into the real world. Last night, most of the class met up at Fireworks, an Italian restaurant located on Main Street. It is relatively new, and I heard the food was fantastic.
                When we walked in there, I was amazed at what I saw. The restaurant used to be a hotel, so the room is huge. Tables are far enough away from each other where we get our space. One of the students from our class worked at the restaurant, and happened to be our waiter.
                The room was darkly lit and in the back you could see the over where they made the pizzas. There was also a bar in that vicinity as well.
                I wasn’t sure what to order as we sat down at our table. We each started off with drinks. I always have a difficult time deciding what I would want, so I ordered precco, which is sparkling white wine. My friend ordered that and said I would like it.. I did. And to be honest with you, I don’t usually like wine.. at all.
                Usually at restaurants, you are started off with bread. At Fireworks, it isn’t just ordinary bread. It was a braided loaf, cooked with garlic, parmigiana cheese, and parsley. It was delicious. It was basically garlic bread. It was served with both olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
                To start off, my professor ordered two risotto cakes. I once told my mom that when I ate the mac n cheese from Panera, I started to cry because it was so good. This was one of these moments. The risotto was creamy and cooked with mushrooms. After, it was fried and it looked like a cake. The creamy inside and the crunchy outside made a good pairing.
                For dinner I ordered an individual pizza. I got the bianco, which is a white pizza. It was cooked with mozzarella, and ricotta cheese, along with garlic. There were caramelized onions on top, and I added on wild mushrooms to the dish. As you can see, I love mushrooms.
                The pizza was delicious, along with the risotto cake. My friend and I were going to order dessert, but we realized we were too full. I give the place two thumbs up. Although it is pricey, it’s nice to treat yourself once in a while, and Fireworks is definitely the place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment