Saturday, March 10, 2012

    My appetite has been off the charts. The amount of food I have consumed this week is rather disgusting. I have been home for the past three days due to spring break. Well I have not exactly been home, but I have been in Ohio visiting OSU with my family. My brother wants to be a big business man, which lead him to the Midwest part of the country.
    If you want my opinion, I loved the school. It is exactly what a college campus in my eyes should look like. The college holds about 35,000 students, which is a rather large number compared to my schools 5,000. But I liked it. It has that college feel to it. Students walking around looking all studious with their backpacks and headphones on not wanting to be bothered,
    But let’s get to the most important part, the food. When you ask me what there is to eat in Ohio, I am stumped. I never heard of a specific food that many residents of Ohio eat, and I never really thought about it. Our first meal down there was at the Waffle House. The Waffle House is a chain restaurant like any breakfast place like IHOP. The kick is though, they serve waffles instead of pancakes, and they are open 24/ 7.
    I am not the biggest waffle person, so I opted for a grilled cheese. There is just something about this American Classic that has me enjoying it every time I eat it. I wanted something besides the grilled cheese, so I chose to get hash browns, which were smothered and covered. Smothered and covered means it was topped with sautéed onions and melted cheese on top. Delicious. The hash browns were crunchy on the outside and cooked soft on the inside. It was a great combination and I loved it. I enjoyed the grilled cheese as well, it was cook ever so with butter and it crunchy just the way I liked it.
    The next day, I was hoping to end up at some restaurant that Ohio is known for, or has delectable food. Instead, however, we ended up at Five Guys. Who would have thought. I opted for the little cheeseburger and the regular size comes with two patties. The two patties are too much for me, but the one patty hit’s the spot. I love being able to choose my toppings, and I opted for pickles, lettuce, sautéed mushrooms and sautéed onions. Obviously I added ketchup to the burger. The burger was a little dry for me, but I did enjoy it. The fries are always the best part of the meal, as they filla a cup full, which they call a regular size. This regular size fed my mom, dad, and me, who eats for atleast two people. We finished the fries and we were satisfied with the meal we had chose for dinner.
    I was very excited to return home, as I could finally cook in my kitchen. I chose to cook my pasta dish, and I couldn’t wait. The dish consisted of turkey sausage, onions, mushrooms, cubanelle peppers, pepperoni, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese. My family thoroughly enjoyed it. I was a little disappointed as I thought the pasta was undercooked, as was the peppers and onions. However, the only complaints on my dish had come from me.,

No comments:

Post a Comment