Monday, May 7, 2012

I haven’t blogged in over a week and apologize deeply for that. It has been a crazy couple of days and I am looking to get back in the swing of things. Two days ago I graduated college, and now I am back home and not sure which direction I am heading. It’s scary to think about, but it is something I am going to have to face soon whether I want to or not.

Food wise, however, I have eaten a lot, and I mean a lot. I have gone out to more meals in the past couple of days than I have in awhile and I have taken full advantage of it.

My roommate and I have been saving change since last September. We agreed that at the end of the year, we would cash it in and order a big fancy pizza from Dominos online. Forty one dollars later, we changed our minds.

There is a new hibachi place that opened a couple of weeks ago in town and we tried it out a few weekends ago. I was very impressed and my roommate and I decided that we should venture back there one last time. On Thursday, we took our savings and headed over to the Wal-Mart shopping center.

Usually lunch time is the more ideal time to go out for meals. They are always running specials, and you generally get more for your dollar. My roommate and I followed through on that.

We started off with sushi, and I was impressed right off the bat. The waitress brought over a big white plate, and on top, were three rolls that were nicely presented. Presentation is key. When food is presented nicely, it is more often times more appealing. We ordered spicy tuna, a California roll, and a shrimp tempura roll.

I have to say, there is nothing like fresh shrimp tempura. The crunchiness paired with the warmness of the outside pairs beautifully with the shrimp. With the rice wrapped around outside of that, it is perfection. Spicy tuna is always a good choice, the softness of the tuna is the way to go. When it is mixed with the crunchy fried pieces, you know you are getting a great meal. I am not a fan of California rolls, mostly because I do not like avocado. My roommate seemed to enjoy it greatly, and was sad we finished off the plate.

Next, we ordered a side of hibachi fried rice, and a side of hibachi lobster. I know lobster is a rather pricy fish, but when you saved up your money, you go for the best. We didn’t get a lot of lobster, but it was just enough. It tasted a little fishy, but cooked with sauce, and then cut up into bite size pieces, it was a nice accompaniment to the side of fried rice.

Fried rice is one of my favorite foods when I am eating either Chinese or Japanese food. The rice was cooked up with an egg, and some soy sauce. It sounds simple, but that is generally all you need. We finished off our plates, and I was content. My roommate was still hungry and wanted to order dessert. She decided on the cheesecake, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was very happy with our decision to have hibachi. It was one of our last meals together and we wanted to make it special. Not only was it that, but it came out to $38.00. I can’t think of a better way we could have spent our money.

No comments:

Post a Comment