Thursday, May 10, 2012

You know, I never minded hanging out. I could sit in my house all day and watch TV with no complaints. But after going on day 5 you start to get kind of antsy.

I lounged around all today without a care in the world, and plopped myself in front of the TV for endless amounts of hours. When 3:00 rolled around, I realized I hadn’t eaten yet and I started to grow hungry. I put up a pot of water to boil and reached in the cabinet for a box of pasta. After pouring the pasta in, and putting the timer on, I started to notice something. The expiration date on the box read May 2010. Whoops. I turned the stove off, threw the pasta in the colander, and proceeded to move it to the garbage.

So I was stuck. I had my heart set on the tri-colored rotini that I was going to dip in buffalo sauce. So I searched the refrigerator, and then the freezer. I saw we had a box of pizza rolls, and decided why not. I haven’t had pizza rolls in years., They were never my favorite. But these caught my eye. Not only did they have pepperoni in them, but they included sausage as well. When I took them out of the over I was ready to eat.

As I started to eat them, I was satisfied. They weren’t great, but they weren’t terrible either. They were crispy on the outside, and spicy in the middle. There was a lot of sauce, so I couldn’t necessarily taste the sausage, which is my favorite part. I finished half a box, and I was still hungry. Instead of making the rest, I grabbed a thing of Pringles and went back to the den to watch Friends.

Although it was a lazy day, I have no complaints. It will be better once my friends start coming home from college and start to face the real world with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment