Tuesday, May 15, 2012

    I love sides. Whenever I am out for a meal, I hope the dish I order comes with at least one side. I don’t know what is so special about them, but I always am satisfied with a side of broccoli or rice.
    Last night I decided to make chicken. The chicken came out alright, after I dipped it in honey mustard. But the kicker was the side. I made mashed potatoes, and they were delicious.
    After boiling the potatoes, I drained them and placed the starch in a bowl. I added some half and half and cheese. This wasn’t just ordinary cheese, it was boursin cheese garlic and fine herbs. This soft cheese adds a real depth of flavor to the dish, and it is just what the potatoes needed.
    Not only did I enjoy it, but my dad and brother found the side tasty as well. I thew some cooked bacon pieces on top. I was very content with what I had cooked up, and I can’t wait to make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment